Starter Switch Button

Steven Bixby steven at bixbys.net
Tue Sep 14 13:36:33 PDT 2010

I actually had this happen to me, as well.  I just bump started while I was
waiting on the housing.  The bigger issue, IMHO, is getting caught at a
light or something and stalling out.  Could be dangerous! :-/  And indeed,
it did happen once to me, but I was on a downhill and was able to push a wee
bit and bump start.  Not a great situation to be in, but lucky for me.

If you don't mind snipping into the grip assembly wire harness, since you're
going to replace it, you can probably put a simple pushbutton switch in line
and tape it in place.