Starter Switch Button

john leonard jlmdx at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 13:30:06 PDT 2010

Hi All,

The starter switch button fell out into my hands this morning - its plastic hinge broke.  I can't just push the switch and the spring back into the chamber or use a screw driver in that hole to kick over the starter motor.  I tried both to no avail.

I purchased a used right side switch control on ebay but would like to continue to ride the bike until it shows up.  So I can either push start it, or possibly place a temporary momentary switch off the starter solenoid under the right side panel (next to the battery).  Would this work, or am I missing something?

thanks, john