A little brother for the GPZ

Charles Scappaticci scapco at ecentral.com
Sun Sep 26 13:36:58 PDT 2010

It's pretty sad when most of your money goes to your kids or ex, so I
decided that being 54 I'm not getting any younger and it was time to
spend some of what little money I have on myself.

Yesterday I drove over to Grand Junction, Colorado, and picked up a mint
2007 ZX-6R at an excellent price.  It's a one owner bike that
interestingly has only 997 miles on it, but the original owner did those
miles on the dealer tag, then parked it.  It's actually never been
registered before. It's totally stock except for the tinted double
bubble windscreen that is a nice improvement over the original.

I washed it this morning as it was dusty and put air in the tires and
gave it a quick ride around the block.  The bars are pretty low, but
they feel alright for now.  If they bother me I can always try some
Heli-bars that move the bars 2" up and 1" back.

The first ride will have to wait for a couple of weeks as I'll be in
Vegas most of this coming week, but I'm looking forward to it.  I'll do
some little things to it over the winter, but the exhaust will likely
stay stock and quiet.  I can't see spending a fortune on mods when I
can't use all of what is already there.

I've attached a picture below.  Hopefully it comes through.  Guess I
won't need to look for a winter project now!

Charles S.
95 GPZ1100
07 ZX-6R
03 WR450