Hard (impossible) to start

Les Johnson jjohnsonlta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 19:29:32 PDT 2011

     Michael

     Have you gotten anywhere on your starting problem?

 I know after my bike has sat for extend period a shot of starting
fluid should  produce results if all is somewhat well. I take off air
cleaner cover a spay in there.

  My bike has always been a little different starting. I start mine (
even in real cold weather ) by cranking with no choke. It starts right
up then before it dies I put the choke on almost full. It speeds the
rpm up and in the next couple mins I can drive off no problem. I am
not sure if I have some sort of problem but this has been how I have
started since I bought it used. It seems to run a little rough if I
hold it at a steady throttle at low rpm. Once I give it gas from there
it runs fine. I had the carbs off once but they were real clean inside
so as far as I know there ok.

    LJ 96 GPZ1100

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 7:42 AM, blackbear at frontiernet.net