Last ride of the year

Marilyn Mason masonjs at nrtco.net
Tue Dec 6 07:43:59 PST 2011

Well it won't go down as a memorable ride other than its the first time I
have ever ridden a street bike in December in Ontario.
I had finished putting up all the outside Christmas lights and noticed the
snow had all melted and the driveway was dry as was the highway.
I had planned a 50 km loop out to Douglas and back around through Haley's
Station.  I wasn't 4 km from home when it started spitting rain.  By the
time I was at the high school 12 km away it was coming down pretty hard.
Since the temperature was only +2C (36F) I didn't wish to locate a patch of
ice and do a repeat of the hospital stay I had last year, I turned around
and went home.  I did get the oil warm enough to make it easy to change and
fresh fuel in the tank.