VFR vs. GPZ (was RE: A question)

Tom tomhoy39 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 20 07:46:56 PDT 2011

Thanks for your input on theVFR debate, guys.  I love the look of the VFr,
especially, 1994-1998 models, and I love the longevity of the motor.  I
think, Rob you have answered the entire deal for me.  You see, I am 6''4"
and about 235 lbs.  I didn't really think at the outset of this that
horsepower would be the seller for me on either bike.  105 on a VFR
(according to the stats) is plenty for anybody.  The seller is size, really.
All things being equal, the zx1100 series motor is the industry's other
bulletproof engine.  It is the zx1100 that is the direct evolution of the
original zx900 water cooled plant, and and by 1995, Kawi had it pretty much
dialed in.  Notable changes like the larger oil feed tube for the cylinder
head are tweaks that have made it trustworthy.  Properly maintained and
unabused, it's not unusual to see zx11 and its cousins (zrx, Gpz, zzr, zx10
(b model) last into the 100's themselves.

But I'm thinking bigger is better in my case. I also love - LOVE how the GPz
Looks like the zx900's big brother. And as for performance, if I get the
wild hair in January, I can plant a couple of zx11 cams into it with a
pipe-and-jet...   But then again, why??

Thanks for the input guys!