Sticking clutch plate issue

John Soliday johnsoliday at msn.com
Sat May 14 16:08:16 PDT 2011

Glad to hear you fixed the Clutch issue.  Here's some advice for us "frugal"
bikers that I used to use on the race bikes as we were always opening cases
with no serious oil pressure behind them.  When I install a fiber case
gasket, I always spread a thin coat of automotive (blue type) silicon seal
on BOTH sides of the gasket.  It helps with sealing and it also allows one
to peal the gasket off the metal surfaces without ripping, and then you
reinstall, adding again, a thin coat of the silicon sealant.  I used gaskets
easily a half dozen times with this technique.

Cheers,

John (been working too much with my British design team ;-)