surprise at local shop

Marilyn Mason masonjs at nrtco.net
Thu May 19 09:03:14 PDT 2011

Yesterday I installed the brake pedal/right foot peg, right mirror and right
signal light on my bike.  I couldn't manage to get the signal light plugged
in under the fairing.
I stopped in at Harlow Hawthorn's yesterday to get him to plug in the signal
light.
Harlow is a Harley builder and rebuilder so I was extremely surprised to see
an electric blue 1960 BSA 250 Scrambler in pristine condition sitting on his
floor beside a 1929 HD that he was rebuilding.
I asked if he had rebuilt he BSA over the winter.  He said no that the bike
was original right down to the tires and 902 miles on the odometer.
It really out shone the 1969 Triumph 250 rolling chassis I sold/traded a
couple of years ago.
I gave him the name of a couple of places to get original pattern
replacement tires and he was good enough to give me 20 seconds free while he
plugged in my signal light.
I had a similar experience 3 years ago when I went into a shoe store to pick
up my wife after I had been skating.  I meandered into what had been the
men's section just killing time and found a Triumph 650 Tiger and a BSA 650
Thunderbolt but no shoes.

Jim.