Out of lurk mode............SHIMS, Now more trouble!

blackgpz at rochester.rr.com blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Mon May 23 05:15:22 PDT 2011

Tom,
     Put as much slack in the cables as you can by loosening the adjustment at the grip and the two threaded adjusters that are under the gas tank. Then some long needle-nose are helpful getting the cables disconnected at the carbs. About the 51t rear sprocket, you're not going to like it. The stiffest gearing I ran was 16/47 and while the bike was a rocket around town, it turned way too many rpm at cruising speed.

Steve