100'000 + 2'500

Alexander Finger af at genevainformation.ch
Sun May 29 12:26:27 PDT 2011

I just came back from a roadtrip to Fulda, Germany. One Way is 700 km,
as I took a shortcut through the alps on my way back I added some 200
km or so, making it 1'600 in 3 days of driving. My back hurts on the
top, but that is due to the wind pressure on the motorway and not the
riding position. I'm simply amazed that the layout of the GPZ fits me
in a way which permits me to ride for 8 or 9 hours without major back
pain. When I crossed the german border I opened up the throttle until
200 km/h, but then a shaking motion started and I got scared. Probably
the hard luggage..I did not go over 180 km/h afterwards anymore. That
was the first time I rode the GPZ for a long time on a german
Autobahn..it's certainly different and I do prefer the Alps by far,
but there's plenty of power (more than I can make use of) and
surprisingly enough the german drivers do take care and are respectful
towards motorcycles. I expected something much worse..to be more
concrete, I got passed exactly by one moron on the whole trip.
Positive ;)

Today I wanted to quickly get home but the Gruyère region waved at me,
so I passed through it, towards Chateau d'Oex, Martigny and Col de la
Forclaz. Look it up on gmaps :)

In fact, I rode more in three days than I did in the last year :-) =
good 3 days.

cheers from France!
Alex

--