Plugged tire

Steven Bixby steven at
Fri Sep 16 23:20:59 PDT 2011

I've plugged a tire and rode out it's life - about 5K more miles -
successfully.   The thing is - it's your life in your hands, so it's up
to you whether you want to take the risk.

I use the StopNGo plug kit with the mushroom plugs, though - never tried
the rope plugs.  The mushroom plugs supposedly do a better job sealing
the tire.  That said, it's also implied that the steel belt in a
steel-belted tire will tend to cut the plug off, so you don't want to go
any further than necessary by that wisdom.