Plugged tire

Randolph Peters arpee44 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 22:31:35 PDT 2011

Hey guys,
Have any of you done serious miles on a plugged tire?
Picked up a nail today in my rear tire, near the middle. Pulled it out and plugged it (rope type).
I have to ride from New Orleans to Houston tomorrow. Expect to be doing mostly 75-80 on the superslab with maybe short bursts of 90-100 where appropriate.
I've been scouring forums on the web and the findings are nof conclusive. As many naysayers as people who scoff at them.
Any real life experiences from members of the list?
Thanks,
Randy in New Orleans
zzr 1200
former GPZ1100 owner.