Plugged tire

dominatr37 dominatr37 at optonline.net
Sat Sep 17 06:22:44 PDT 2011

<<Hey guys,
Have any of you done serious miles on a plugged tire?
Picked up a nail today in my rear tire, near the middle. Pulled it out and
plugged it (rope type).
I have to ride from New Orleans to Houston tomorrow. Expect to be doing
mostly 75-80 on the superslab with maybe short bursts of 90-100 where
appropriate.
I've been scouring forums on the web and the findings are nof conclusive. As
many naysayers as people who scoff at them.
Any real life experiences from members of the list?>>

I've never had a problem plugging a tire with the rope style plug I've used
lots of glue with it and sometimes used two plugs in a single hole if it was
big enough. They've always held fine and have never been an issue.

Ralph L. Angelo Jr.
Author of "Help! They're all out to get me!
The Motorcyclists Guide to Surviving the Everyday World!"
http://helptheyreallouttogetme.com
'06 Yamaha FJR1300
'01 Kawasaki W650
'98 Yamaha YZF600R