Uneven Chain Slack

Mark Reckinger marque at copper.net
Mon Aug 6 13:01:24 PDT 2012

I've inadvertanly caused this by running a chain too tight. Flew to Pittsburg and rode back to Minneapolis without checking chain slack on a purchased, low mile bike. Checked it when I got home and it was guitar string tight. The chains been unevenly stretched since.

I always (normally) adjust my chains with the bike off the centerstand, with me aboard. You need long arms though.

Mark R

Message: 1