hard bags and backrest

M & J Mason masonjs at nrtco.net
Tue Aug 28 10:51:58 PDT 2012

The wing rack I had on my GPz had 3 - 36 liter GIVI bags.  The top case
doubled as a back rest as does the one on my V Strom.  I noticed the Venture
rack that Charles is using has a disclaimer on it that it is not to be used
as a back rest.  I guess the Kiwis that manufacture them don't want to be in
a USA court.
The only 2 things I didn't like about the triple GIVI set up was --1 it made
the bike look ugly (Like I had just looted a video store of 3 old portable
TVs) and 2 - it was very easy to over load and be running very heavy over
the rear wheel and behind the axle.  I surprised myself a couple of times
when I found the front wheel in the air on a not too brisk take off.