Seat Latch

Drew Blanchard drewblanchard at gmavt.net
Wed Jun 6 04:58:43 PDT 2012

For anyone who needs saddle service or customizing, I can't say enough good
things about Sargent Cycle.  They're not cheap, but you get what you pay
for.  I've used them several times over the years, and their latest
creation was a complete reshaping of the seat on my wife's '84 Shadow 500.
 My wife is nearly 6' tall, with a 35" inseam, and the Shadow was NOT meant
for someone her size (but she loves the bike anyway).  I spoke with the
folks at Sargent, made some pencil lines and marks on the old seat, and
several weeks later got back a saddle which has made a world of difference
this season.  They added about an inch of height to the seat, made it
substantially wider, moved the rise and changed the angle.  The bike went
from something I couldn't drive for more than 30 minutes  (my, er, "boys"
 get smashed into the gas tank, and my cheeks went numb) to something which
is all-day comfortable.  My wife is thrilled.  She not only feels MUCH more
comfortable, the new seating position makes her feel more confident and in
control.

Drew in VT