Botched Re-jet for high altitudes?

Mark Reckinger marque at
Sat Mar 31 07:28:25 PDT 2012

COOL! Yes, it is an 1100. If you live in Longmont, then you may know of Georgia Boys BBQ. My son, Nick, is one of the owners. I'm sure there would be a meal in it for you. I've Cc'd him, he's probably at GB today. Much appreciated.

Mark R

-----Original Message-----
From: John Soliday [mailto:johnsoliday at]
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:16 AM
To: marque at; 'GPZ List'
Subject: RE: Botched Re-jet for high altitudes?

I actually live in Longmont!  I re-jetted my '95 with a DynoJet kit.  They didn't have a high altitude specific model, but the tech was very helpful and sold a regular dynojet kit with a few extra parts.  I know I have the box down in the garage somewhere and can dig it up and see if I can determine what the set up was.  Going riding today but we can talk about it next week.  FYI - I have a Muzzy adjustable ignition advancer and found that I could run it a maximum advance which really helped out the lower end RPM.  Is your son's bike an 1100?  Send me your son's contact information and I'll see what I can do to help out.  Sorry Kawasaki screwed it up, you'd think they would know how to do it!