Botched Re-jet for high altitudes?

John Soliday johnsoliday at
Sat Mar 31 07:15:39 PDT 2012

I actually live in Longmont!  I re-jetted my '95 with a DynoJet kit.  They didn't have a high altitude specific model, but the tech was very helpful and sold a regular dynojet kit with a few extra parts.  I know I have the box down in the garage somewhere and can dig it up and see if I can determine what the set up was.  Going riding today but we can talk about it next week.  FYI - I have a Muzzy adjustable ignition advancer and found that I could run it a maximum advance which really helped out the lower end RPM.  Is your son's bike an 1100?  Send me your son's contact information and I'll see what I can do to help out.  Sorry Kawasaki screwed it up, you'd think they would know how to do it!

-----Original Message-----
From: gpzlist-bounces at [mailto:gpzlist-bounces at] On Behalf Of Mark Reckinger
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 1:44 PM
To: John Soliday
Subject: Botched Re-jet for high altitudes?

My son, who’s living out in Longmont, CO, just had “Rocky Mountain Kawasaki” rejet his 94 GPz for its new altitude (was a Minnesota bike). He’s now reporting that his low end power is nearly gone…plenty of high RPM punch though. The bikes not really ride-able in this state. It had a mild ignition advancer installed long ago, doubt that this is a factor. More likely the dealer botched it. Does anyone have the jetting recipe for this bike at these altitudes?

Thanks in Advance!
Mark R
You subscribed to this mailing list. Therefore, you solicited all mail that you receive from this list. Therefore, ANY mail that you receive from this list is, by definition, NOT Spam, and if you report it as such, you are violating the terms of service.