Summer trips

Charles Scappaticci scapco at ecentral.com
Fri May 11 14:30:15 PDT 2012

Anyone have any summer riding trips planned?  I've got a couple and
would like to hear of any others who are heading out on a long ride.

I will be in Durango/Silverton the last week of July riding with an
old friend from my home town who has some serious health issues and
might not be around in a few years so we are going to tow down (he's
limited in how long he can ride) and spend some time together and ride
the loop and do a little off roading in a rented UTV.

I'm also scheduled for a long week off the end of June and first
couple of days in July and am giving some serious thought to dropping
by to see Chuck Driscoll in Helena MT, and then heading north up into
the Canadian Rockies like I did a few years ago, but hopefully with a
little better weather.  At least I've got heated grips now and more on
bike storage to make it a little easier.  My 2008 trip was one of the
best motorcycle experiences I've had and really want to get away from
it all again.  No job, no kids, no ex (wife or girlfriend), nothing
but me, my GPZ and some amazing scenery.

Any one else?

Charles S.