Never thought this day would come

dominatr37 dominatr37 at optonline.net
Sun Jun 16 17:54:21 PDT 2013

"Mike there were a lot of improvements to the FJR in 06.  I would really
wait and find one from 06 up.  That's what I did.  I'm very happy with mine,
but there are a other of the gs to consider.>>

That should have read "There are a few other things to consider." Meaning
how tall you are and seat height and tank width. I'm on my tip toes on the
FJR, The GPZ I can flat foot. I did a TON of modifications to mine to make
it right to fit. Peg lowering kit, bar risers, Manic Salamander Bar ends,
sargents seat, and National Cycles V stream windscreen to begin with. The 06
and up FJR's are redesigned for better heat management, a new trick
electronic display that shows Instant mileage, air temp, two trip odo's, and
the big one, linked ABS. Horsepower-wise it’s a monster, 125 to the ground
and 99 Ft. Lbs's of torque. The first time I yanked the throttle back, I
literally had to hang on tight. It has excellent handing at speed. Slow
stuff it's a little iffy because of the tallness of the bike and the jerky
throttle, especially in tight right handers. The fairing completely protects
you from rain. Two weeks ago I rode in a heavy rain and hail storm up to
Americade for a short while, and my riding pants stayed dry. I had my
waterproof jacket on so I was good on top as well. All in all it's a
dynamite bike. But I would wait until an '06+ became available myself. That
was my first criteria when I was looking.

Ralph L. Angelo, Jr.
Author of cool stuff.
http://RLAngeloJr.com