Never thought this day would come

junkyardhotrod at junkyardhotrod at
Mon Jun 17 20:17:18 PDT 2013

    It has a pingle pet cock, no more vacuum, it actually ran fine for 3 days after replacing the petcock, thought I had it fixed until it did it again going to Glenwood last weekend.

      Mike in CO

-----Original Message-----
From: schnowz <schnowz at>
To: Mike Barnhill <JUNKYARDHOTROD at>
Sent: Mon, Jun 17, 2013 8:42 pm
Subject: Re: Never thought this day would come

Have you tried running it just on prime?
That'll tell you if its a petcock or vacum issue to the petcock. Sometimes the
vacum tube can get kinked and collapse. If you've tried different Gas caps
already, then I doubt its that.
I'm guessing you have a clear fuel filter to tell you its fuel starvation and
not electrical.
I had a slightly different problem . It was alright at low revs but as soon as I
opened it up it would die - it turned out to be the rubber plug from the battery
terminal got sucked into the air intake.
Pete S

You are subscribed at the email address JUNKYARDHOTROD at