GPZList Digest, Vol 77, Issue 10

dominatr37 dominatr37 at optonline.net
Thu May 2 15:36:46 PDT 2013

<<No your bike isn't a diesel truck, but consider that diesel engines have
some of the dirtiest, soot filled blow-by gasses and much higher combustion
heats, and the diesel oils have higher detergents and better quality base
oil to handle those conditions, it makes that oil a superior product to use
in a motorcycle engine, and at a far more economic cost than any Amsoil
product.

Please forgive my mechanical engineer nerdiness, hazard of my profession.>>

I'll continue to use the oil that was engineered for motorcycles. I really
don’t give a damn about 'economic costs'
as my motorcycles are worth putting the best into. If I wanted  to treat
them like junk I wouldn't put the maintenance I do into each and every one
making sure they aere capable of taking me wherever I want whenever I want.
I change the oil every 5000 with Amsoil 20W50 and have had no ill effects
from it. It's specially formulated for motorcycles so I'll continue to use
it. I don’t care if it costs me $20 more per oil change that's not an issue.
the issue is my motorcycles longevity and dependability, and I am more then
satisfied trusting that to Amsoil motorcycle specific motor oil as opposed
to some diesel truck oil that just might be compatible. When they start
printing "Good for your motrorcycle too" on the side of the rotella jug,
which they hacve not even after people have been using it for over a decade
now, then I'll consider it but not until then. I own four motorcycles with
between 15,000 and 89,000 miles on them. They all get changed with Amsoil as
the GPZ did today coincidentally. Like I said I couldn't care less about the
cost, I want the best in my motorcycles, not the best bargain.

Ralph L. Angelo, Jr.
Author of cool stuff.
http://RLAngeloJr.com