Forks

Stephen Hampson shampson at gmx.co.uk
Thu Oct 24 12:52:49 PDT 2013

Just seen your mail Kev, was caught in my spam.

I'd look for some stanchions in ebay best bet is probably ebay germany, sure
I've seen them for £100 or so, which is what it would cost to have philpotts
or the like straighten , rechrome and grind. I don’t think may of the more
modern forks that are a straight fit without swapping steering stems and
there maybe other clearance issues. I have been looking for a set of zx12r
or zzr1200 forks but have been for a while and I cant remember what is
required to make them fit. The 1st option is the cheapest, unless you have
access to shop equipment. Another thing is the USD type forks are shorter
than our RWU forks and will drop the front down  at least an inch, no bad
thing on these, will quicken the steering up.

Steve