Gearbox internals

Stephen Hampson shampson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Sep 9 14:47:59 PDT 2013

This could be a long shot. My GPz has developed a gearbox fault. It wont
engage 5th gear properly, you can hear the dogs on the gear not engaging
properly, so I am surmising that they are now worn and or the shift arm is
worn or bent. Its seems to be a common or known problem on the zzr1100
(zx1100) gearbox on 2nd or 5th gear.
So before I take it apart I am looking for the part I think I'm going to
need. So has anyone go a gear cluster, shift drum mechanism or just the 5th
gear input and output gears lying around they don't require?

Its done 53000 troubles free miles so I was due a problem or two.

Cheers
Steve