Fuel hose replacement

GPZ1100ABS gpz1100abs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 09:17:48 PDT 2014

During my recent trip to the Baltic States the fuel hose suddenly
started leaking from a crack just after the fuel filter. Working in the
emergency lane in the rush hour (!) I was able to cut off the cracked
part (about 10 mm) and put it all back together again and continue the
trip. But obviously the now 18 y/o rubber hose is a bit cooked and needs
replacement. Therefore the question: Has anyone successfully replaced
their fuel hose without removing the carbs? If so, how did you do? I
briefly looked at the carb spigot in a mirror and can't imagine how to
get if off, let alone fit another hose with the clamp and everything
without removing the carbs...

Ped
'96 "Black Stealth" GPZ
Denmark