1 cylinder down

LeBlanc, DanielJ Daniel.LeBlanc at bellaliant.ca
Wed Mar 12 04:11:18 PDT 2014

Hi John.

It sounds like that the cylinder is still flooded.  Remove the spark plug and dry off the tip with a propane torch.  Once the spark plug is dry, it should provide a good spark and burn off any fuel remaining in the cylinder.  Allow that cylinder to breathe for a while to dry up as much of the fuel in the cylinder as possible.  Re-install the spark plug and when you try to start the bike, keep the choke OFF and hold the throttle wide open while you crank the engine over.  When the engine stumbles that should indicate that you have burned off any remaining fuel in the cylinder.  Start the bike normally after that and see if the problem has been resolved.  If not, you could have a fouled plug or some other problem.

Thanks.

Daniel J. LeBlanc, P.Eng., MBA, DTME