carb cleaning tool

J. Mason masonjs at nrtco.net
Fri Apr 20 08:43:18 PDT 2007

For getting cleaning fluids into tight places or just injecting fuel into a
carb to start an engine (I have a 1975 Honda 250 XL that will only start
this way when cold)I use syringes.  They are readily available at Pharmacies
in size ranges from 1cc to 60 cc (2 oz water gun) and the needles from the
dimension of a hair to a football pin.  A 5cc syringe with a needle costs
about $0.15.  They don't last too many runs with hydrocarbon fluids but I
usually dispose of them after a couple of uses.