Gerbings

schnowz schnowz at localnet.com
Mon Dec 3 15:05:02 PST 2007

I think I have it figured out Jeff.
Saturday it was in the low 20's coming home and I had the Widder vest (not
turned on) as a insulation layer under the Gerbing jacket. This allowed me
to crank the Heatroller full tilt and I was pretty comfortable on my upper
body and hands. Maybe a not quite warm on the thumbs but the fingers on the
Gerbings are warmer than the Widders.
I was expecting the Gerbing gloves  to have a more dextrous? feel than the
Widders because the Widders are bulky, but it was not the case, in fact I
would say it's the reverse as the gerbing glove liner seems to move around
as you twist the throttle. You can also feel the wires in the gerbings and
can't on the Widders maybe the Widders don't have wires into the
fingers??and maybe that's why the fingers are'nt as warm.
 Yeh my feet were freezing on the way back because I hadn't made up the
adapter I need to run the "hot shots" heated footpads with the Gerbings..
http://www.foot-heaters.com/
My Widders served me well for about 9 years but the glove liners were
wearing out and weren't warm enough below freezing anymore and it was PIA to
get the "triple digit rain covers" over them.

Pete Staniforth