Ebay mentality

Larry Zoia phezanthawk at comcast.net
Mon Feb 26 15:40:53 PST 2007

> Can anyone explain why people snipe at the last possible second, then take
> forever to pay?  Finally when payment is received, it is via paypal
> (usually using a credit card)
>
> Why not pay right at the end of the auction (like I always do).

Could be they have the "snipe" software which allows them to enter their
maximum bid for an item.  The software shoots the winning bid in about three
to five seconds before the auction ends.  The point is, although the sniping
is indeed taking place, the sniper may not be
present for the final snipage.

Larry in Michigan