Rear damper sizes

Steve Hampson shampson at beeb.net
Sat Jan 13 14:47:11 PST 2007

The damper I have is the one ending in suffix 1016 which according to the
attached pdf is for a GSX1100F.

The width of the top mounting is the same as a GPz but the bolt hole is 10mm
but that could be drilled out no problem.

The inside width of the lower clevis is only 30mm which is 3mm to small and
the bolt hole is also only 10mm but can be drilled out.

I'm stuck with either trying to widen the clevis or trying to get my money
back. My only other worry is the strength of the spring.

Does anyone know the weight of a GSX1100F?

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

Steve