Buzzing GPz follow up..

Paul Landry p_landry at telus.net
Sun Jul 1 22:09:20 PDT 2007

Saturday I had a chance to try out the balancer shaft adjustment.

Went through the process as described by Steve N.  (simple, thanks Steve,
and I did take off the lowers as I don't think you could do it otherwise).

When I was done there was not much movement from were it was but it was less
than 1/4 turn in either direction to be too far (into the "chirping" range).

While I was at it I looked at the engine mounts with the thought of
loosening them and  re-torque them again.  The rear two were very tight to
undo, I know it takes more force to undo a bolt (resistance, rust, tension,
etc. etc.) than tighten it but it did seem excessive.  They are now at the
factory torque spec.

I did not do the same exercise for the front motor mounts as it was looking
almost "impossible" without removing the oil cooler, rad and header pipes.
Maybe you could do it with a long box end wrench and some knuckle bashing
but I was just not up to it on Sat. AM so left them for the moment.

Today got out on the bike for a short "test ride" after yesterdays
adjustments..   Initial report.  Seems to have made a positive difference.
The bike still "buzzes" but it is an in-line 4 after all, but the frequency
/ the amount seems to be less and is not putting my feet and hands into a
pins and needles session after dismounting.

A longer ride will tell more but, I am confident enough in what I have done
at this point to put the lowers back on and get out riding again!..  ;-)

Paul W. Landry
HYPERLINK "mailto:p_landry at telus.net"p_landry at telus.net

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12:19 PM