Pinging

Buehrle, Michael Michael.Buehrle at ottawa.ca
Wed May 23 08:16:08 PDT 2007

Jeff,
the only time I produced pinging on my bike was from lugging the engine at low speeds. you should keep the revs up to 4000+ RPM's in the lower gears.The Gpz(for me )is much more responsive when you let it scream a little and a good rule of thumb is to use the same rpm range that you see in top gear highway cruising speed as your target and that is around 4000-4500.
I'm sure others have a different opinion on this...
Mike(who has tested the rev limiter a few times)