Pinging

Simon White swhite at consultant.com
Wed May 23 19:06:27 PDT 2007

I still have the auto adjuster - never had any issues with it. My timing chains getting a little rattly at 120k kms, but that's hardly surprising.

Re the pinging/lugging question - I concur with the others. Cruising with little load is fine at 3k rpm or slightly below, but for any reasonable acceleration the beastie needs to be revving higher than 4-4.5k. Pinging's much more likely in hot weather, too, although higher octane does help a little.

Synthetic oil, huh? Is that the signal to start another oil thread? (And I understand there's oil in tyres, so we could roll(!) into that thread next) :D

Simon
'95 GPz1100 - Blue, but quick enough..
Melbourne, Australia
I'd rather be riding.

=
Visiting Crane OR?
Your Official Travel Site. Hotel Deals from 100+ Sites.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=cd3fb45d8314c78497482fe94907cf58