Canadian Maritimes

Stephen Hampson shampson at
Sat Nov 17 01:46:41 PST 2007

Stick with triumph and go for a tiger. They've always had great reviews over

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Northrop [mailto:blackgpz at]
Sent: 17 November 2007 05:28
To: gpzlist at
Subject: Canadian Maritimes

At the coffee shop last night, a couple of the guys have started planning a
2 week trip that would include Labrador, Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. They
estimate 4000 miles with over 900 miles of unpaved roads. Since there's no
Fandango this year, I think I might go. I would have to buy a bike as
neither the GPZ nor the Daytona is suitable for 900 miles of unpaved road
(although it doesn't sound all that much different than the last time I was
in Canada. Vermont's roads were paved but I think unpaved roads would have
been smoother). The three that are planning it have a Kaw KLR650 (new) and
two Beemer GS1100's so I'm thinking of an "adventure tourer", something that

won't break the bank because I might sell it right after the trip. Right now

I'm thinking 650 V-Strom. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'02 Daytona 955i
"You Can't Fix Stupid", Ron White