Replacement for GPz

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 22 18:44:01 PDT 2007

C14
  Yamaha FJR1300
  Triumph Sprint
  Suzuki Bandit 1250
  Yamaha FZ1
  Suzuki SV1200

Scott Snipas <ssnipas at burnham.org> wrote:
  Hey GPz'ers,

I think it's about time for the old GPz to be retired. I dropped her
this morning on her left side in my driveway. Foot slipped on the
G@# D@%$ ash from all the fires. Couldn't keep her upright. Slow
drop but managed to drive the turn signal through the upper fairing
and scuff up the lowers a bit. She's done her fair share of keeping
me alive for many many years. Even bounced off an antelope at the
Utah GPz rally. But with 60k miles and 12 years I think it's time
for an upgrade. I'm asking the list for recommendations. I'm 6'4"
220lbs.
What have you guys been looking at for replacements? I'm looking for
comfort for me and the girlfriends (wife doesn't do the bike thing)
and I think the way I've set up the GPz is perfect for me. Corbin
seat, GenMar's and the mirror extenders. Any and all suggestions are
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Scott one of the senior GPz old farts.
--