lime green

Jonathon Jay annihilator1100 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 10 16:05:33 PDT 2008

Funny, I was just gonna add to this thread this morning, and on a similar car. My Monza hatchback was a 77 or 79, forget which.
Came from the factory with a 5 litre which we swapped out for a Chevy 400, 10:1, big cam, dual Holley 390's, etc... That car rock n rolled.But the new motor was too much, I did no chassis mods whatsoever, even left the 4 bolt tires on it. It wouldn't hook at all, and eventually the rearend went south.
I made more off parting her out than I had invested, tho..
Even with the pathetic 305 2bbl it would do just a few shy of 140 mph, imagine the faces on the guys driving new Vettes when I rolled by them on the flatlands of Montana. Funny as hell they'd be doing about 100 and I would roll up, they proceed to get egotistical and repass me, to which I just floored it.
This was back in the late 80's when a Vette's registration wasn't worth enough to use as A** wipe.
Regards- Jonathon Jay "Cynicism is an unpleasant way of telling the truth." - Lillian Hellman> Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:47:53 -0400> From: dominatr37 at optonline.net> Subject: Re: lime green> To: blackbear at frontiernet.net; gpzlist at micapeak.com> > My favorite car was my '79 Chevy Monza Spyder , My first new car. I loved > that thing. I lowered it an inch all around, with a special set of coil > springs I ordered, then put Polyurethane bushings at all corners. Then added > KYB gas adjusts (This was circa 1979-85 no one was using gas shocks in those > days.) Then I went with reversed 50's on the rear and 60s up front. The > motor was a 231 V^ that I put a kenne-bell dual pattern cam in , added a > street dominator monifold and carter 450 CFM four barrel . then added a > shift kit to the trans, and the car wqoudl chirp the tires going from 1st > to 2nd gear, way cool!. That car was the best handling car I ever had. It > was like ridiing on rails. It was black with the gold striping. An awesome > car I remember very well. Not fast in a straight line, but it would out run > just about anything when the road got curvy> > > Ralph L. Angelo Jr.> Author of "Help! they're all out to get me!> The motorcyclists guide to surviving the everyday world."> ISBN# 1-4137-6187-9> http://helptheyreallouttogetme.com> Check out> LIMELongriders NEW site;> http://LIMELongriders.info >