Idiot Season

Jeffrey Markham automan25 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 12:33:09 PDT 2008

+1

Jeffrey R. Markham
Digital Designer
automan25.com

----- Original Message ----
From: Jay Loeppke <jloeppke at charter.net>
To: GPZ LIST <gpzlist at micapeak.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:34:58 AM
Subject: Re: Idiot Season

Will I guess I have to speak up.  I am one of those special morons you
refer to.  I have found lots of good  help for my 95 Gpz on this blog
but this is not constructive  criticism worthy  of this site.  It
sounds like a bunch of not well educated red necks talking.

I ride my bicycle 3-5K a year. Obviously for great fitness but also
the two "bikes" really work together.  I am 50, and what I mean by
working together particularly as I get older  is that the fitness on
the bike allows me to ride long distances with less fatigue (ridding
position is similar for the two), balance is enhanced,  spacial
awareness is heightened, my concentration is better  and I am very
aware of the traffic around me ( bicycling is far worse than
motorcycles, way more close calls, cars do not see you at all, they
look right through you, they don't expect a bicycle to be coming at
you at 25-30 mph).

The majority of the road bikers are also tax payers, with cars,
motorcycles, etc. They paid for  the same road as you.  As in most
states,  Mn. bicyclists have the same right and have to obey the same
rules as any other motorized vehicle.  So they have every right to be
there, the same as you.  They can drive right down the middle of
their lane if they are so foolish to do so. Though it would be to
their health benefit to ride to the side.  Bike paths a great for
casual riders, family, kids, ect.  But when your going out for a long
serious workout ride (30-100 miles) the rare bike path just doesn't
cut it.

I challenge you to pick up a bicycle and try it.    You will see how
great they work together.  You will be a much better/safer motorcyclist.

Interestingly have been watching the KLR come up in the discussions.
I have been looking for the right one (wrecked) so I can fix it the
way I want. I  would love to do the great divide trail http://www.twotaildog.com/Motorcycling_the_Great_Divide/00Intro/Great_Divide_Intro.htm
Any body interested?