Idiot something or other

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Wed Apr 16 09:44:17 PDT 2008

Okay, I started this thread so I'll answer this.  No, it's
not a political or gripe board.  My email was intended to
call attention the "minority" of bad bicycle riders.  We've
all came around a corner and had to slam on the brakes or
take evasive action due to some idiot or idiots
bicycling/riding/skating/driving where they don't belong.

Where it applies to GPZ riders is this: Having been hit and
run by a car and crashed into by a drunk on a Harley while
riding my GPZ, I am concerned about going down again
because of someone else's carelessness or stupidity.  One
more time down on my right knee and my dirt biking days may
be over for good, maybe my street days too.

I believe the discussion simply helps to make one more
aware, especially coming off of a long, cold winter when
everyone's riding skills are rusty.  I assume that everyone
out there is going to run over me if I don't watch out for
them and I never assume they see me.  It really doesn't
matter what form of transportation they are using, there
will always be a minority of them who are simply idiots,
IMO, and make the world a more dangerous place for the rest
of us.  I've already seen several motorcycle wrecks this
year and do not want to be involved in one myself.

Charles S.
95 GPZ1100
03 WR450-F
99 KX-250

gpzlist at micapeak.com
>      Date: Wednesday, April 16, 2008, 7:16 AM
> Let me tell you about the in-line skater who was bombing
along the
> sidewalk at 30-40 kph and came close to nailing the right
side of my
> car, as I was filtering right onto a main road. He banged
on my hood in
> an agitated fashion as he just made it around the front.
>
> I wondered is he a vehicle or a pedestrian and would I
have been at
> fault? My nephew (who is a cop) assured me the in-line
guy is a vehicle.

_____

>    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with
Yahoo! Mobile. [1]Try it
>    now.
>
> References
>
>    1.