bogging.

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 22 16:54:22 PDT 2008

I have a used, but good set of intake boots if you need them. Cheap!

David Beard <davidebeard at comcast.net> wrote:  Ben,

Unless someone has modded the airbox or something unusual, your
pilot jets are probably dirty. Like I said before, take them out and
clean them with solvent and blow compressed air through them. There are
several holes on the sides of the pilot jets as well as the hole that
goes through the center. They all need to be clean. Also, take the pilot
screws out (make sure you don't loose the spring or the little rubber
washer) and clean that orifice with solvent and compressed air as well.
With a stock airbox and exhaust and 35 pilot jets, you should be between
2 and 3 turns out from fully seated on the pilot screws.

It's also still possible that you might have a couple cracked intake
boots (between the carbs and the head) that are allowing extra air into
the mix. By opening up the pilot screws, you are having to richen up the
idle circuitry. Means it was running lean before. If the intake boots
look old and cracked, replace them.

Dave B