PA Rte #423 and more...

William K Denton wkdenton at verizon.net
Mon Jun 30 22:36:27 PDT 2008

Bill,

Yea let me know when and where.  BTW, like I was telling Paul Heim, Rte #423
is a good road, but Rte #447 from Marshal's Creek to Newfoundland is a GREAT
road.  The best section is from Analomink north to Newfoundland.  To get to
it from Rte #940 go east to Mt. Pocono.  Continue on Rte #940 down the hill
towards Devil's Hole until 940 turns into Rte #191 in Paradise Valley.
Follow Rte #191 through Henryville and be on the lookout for a two arch
viaduct train overpass.  About 100 yards after you pass through the arch,
make a hard left onto Rte #447.  Enjoy the next 20 miles most heartily with
my good wishes!  OTOH, if you're feeling in the mood, continue north onto
rte #507 towards Lake Wallenpaupak and then turn right onto Rte #390 and
head south again through Promised Land State Park and eventually back to
Canadensis where it meets up with Rte #447.  A really nice 60 mile loop
starting and ending at the viaduct.

Bill in Yardley, PA
wkdenton at verizon.net