Tank question - possible problem

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Tue Mar 4 09:53:09 PST 2008

Okay, there are several people asking about the tank and I
want to be fair.  How about I will take the best offer over
$200 + shipping.  I will determine best offer tomorrow
morning so anyone on digest has a fair shot at it.  Please
respond directly to me, not the list.  While I could
definitely use the cash (god damn attorney's fees), all
proceeds will go to help my 20 yo daughter who is
struggling financially.

I will also list the rest of my parts stash in the next
couple of days as I finally got over to my house and took
an inventory.  All proceeds from those will go to my
daughter also.

Charles S.
95 GPZ1100
03 WR450F
99 KX250

>Yes, it is.  It has a slightly bent right front edge and a
>little chipped red paint in the same place from shipping.
>This would not show once it's installed, otherwise it's
>perfect.  Story behind the tank is that I owned this tank
>10 years ago as a replacement for mine, but found it was
>damaged in shipping and was returned to Koups for
>another.  7 years later, I found a tank on ebay and bought
>it, turned out to be the same tank except the seller lied
>and didn't say it was damaged.  It even still had my name
>on the side of the box.  Also have a NOS red front fender.
>
> Charles S.
>

> >Charles, is it a faster red tank also?
> >
> >scapco at ecentral.com wrote: Jerry is correct.  The
> >difference is the Kalifornia tank
> >has three vent hoses vs one on the standard tank.  If
> >yours is a Kalifornia tank you need to leave the two
> >outside vents open and plug the middle one.  If you
don't
> >plug the middle one, gas will come out when the tank is
> >full.  BTDT.
> >
> >Wish I knew you needed a tank, I've got a brand new one
in
> >my soon to be ex's basement that I need to sell off
along