EBC Rotors and tolerances

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Wed Mar 12 17:09:57 PDT 2008

The sharp edged holes are not a factor. The pulsing is typically caused by
an uneven deposit of the brake pad material on the rotor. This may even be
the variance you are measuring. I probably wouldn't have used an orbital
sander on something I wanted to be really flat. I prep my rotors with 180
grit emery cloth over a piece of ground A2 stock. I also de-glaze the new
(or old) pad surfaces as well. Remember to degrease everything too. This
assures full, clean contact when bedding in the brakes. You'll have to sand
the rotor again to remove the pad deposits and start over. It won't just go
away. Good luck.

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'02 Daytona 955i