EBC Rotors and tolerances

Steven Bixby steven at bixbys.net
Wed Mar 12 17:27:04 PDT 2008

She only rode about 50 miles, mostly freeway, so I kinda doubt there's
much build-up, but I wouldn't know - this concept is new to me.

I think I'm going to pull the rotor off again and take it to the shop
(a Cycle Gear, at which my wife-the-MSF-ridercoach gets a 30%
discount) and see if they'll get us a new one.  And if so, then this
time I won't touch it with the sander.  I don't have (access to) any
truly flat materials as you describe, so I hope the raw rotor and
essentially-new pads won't be a problem.

(Presumably bikes fresh from the factory won't have had the rotors &
pads "properly prepped" as you do?)