Rear tires - 180s?

David Beard davidebeard at comcast.net
Wed Apr 22 17:35:40 PDT 2009

   I  ran 180s on my GPZ(s) and liked them. Handled well, looked good and
   sometimes easier to find in a pinch (like when you are on a roadtrip in SE
   Ohio and riding on a worn out tire.
   The ZX12R comes with a 200 stock, but I will be going down to a 190 when I
   change tires. 200 is just too big and does seem to effect handling.
   Philip Hamm wrote:

Sorry I know this has been done to death.  What are the implications of putting
 a 180 size tire on the rear instead of the 170 that came stock on the bike?

-Phil

[1]http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Sto
rage2_042009