Valve Shims

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 1 11:37:39 PST 2009

Check Bike Bandit as well.

--- On Sun, 2/1/09, Steven Bixby <steven at bixbys.net> wrote:

From: Steven Bixby <steven at bixbys.net>
Subject: Re: Valve Shims
To: "Les Johnson" <jjohnsonlta at gmail.com>
Cc: gpzlist at micapeak.com
Date: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 2:28 PM

HotCams has shim kits that cover the two normal diametric sizes.  (I forget
exactly which the GPZ uses.)

http://www.cyclebuy.com/shopping/hotcams/shimkits.htm
(This is just the first etailer I hit in Google, many others have the kits
too.)

The catch with HotCams is that I believe the steps of shim thicknesses are
larger than Kawasaki's, so you have  a bit less fine-tuning ability than OEM
shims.  (I'm going by my knowledge of Honda's OEM shims, as I've not
done my GPZ's yet.)