GPZ fuel tanks

JOHN SOLIDAY johnsoliday at msn.com
Tue Jan 13 13:38:03 PST 2009

My bike, bought in CO as well is a californicator, but I'm leaving all the crap on as I figure it just doesn't weight that much and probably keeps my garage from smelling like gas from tank venting.

My $0.02 worth,

John> To: marquis1968 at yahoo.com; gpzlist at micapeak.com> From: scapco at ecentral.com> Subject: Re: GPZ fuel tanks> Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 21:09:05 +0000> > Chris,> > Decanistering is easy and straight forward. Many of us > have done it and it does not do any damage to the bike. > It's all a matter of unbolting some crap and plugging a > hose or two. Mine was done 10 years and about 50K ago. It > does not create any performance issues, there is no > jetting, tweaking or anything else you need to do, it > simply has no effect on the bike. I used the original tank > until I got whacked by a Hardley, I've used a one hose tank > ever since. If you reuse a three hose tank you have to > plug one of the three hoses or it can dump gas out of that > hose.> > Kawasaki sold the California bikes all over the country, I > bought mine in Colorado where I live so one from Michigan > isn't a surprise.> > Charles S.> 95 GPZ1100 - Gently Sleeping> > >yes they do go to the purge system, i was under the > >impression that they all came with that on them being as > >this bike was bought new here in michigan,thats why i was > >suprised to see just the overflow connection on the tanks> >he has ,i`m very interested in his tank(s) as they are > >much better then mine, I just don`t want to butcher up the > >bike removing the purge system,and was curious if anyone > >else has done this ,as i don`t want to create any> >performance issues either !!        thanks   Chris> > > > --- On Tue, 1/13/09, scapco at ecentral.com > <scapco at ecentral.com> wrote:> > > > > Chris has the Kalifornicated version of the GPZ. His has > > the vapor canister and all that crap on it. The regular > > tank has one overflow hose, the Kalifornicated version > > has three.> > > > If you're swapping tanks it would be a good time to > > remove all the California canister crap. It doesn't help > > performance, but you'd lose some weight. I have detailed > > instructions on how to do this.> > > > Charles S.> > > > >Hi:> > >I've got a couple of used GPz tanks. Chris Marquis is > > >looking for a good used tank. His tank has 3 vacuum ? > > >lines in the rear but noticed mine have only one. Any > > of you guy know whether my tanks can be used on his bike> > >and with what modifications?> > > > > > Jim > > > >