Anybody got an engine?

Philip Hamm philbike20 at
Fri Jul 24 10:35:19 PDT 2009

On my bike the tranny is fine, engine is shot.  Looks like a good match.  I've never shipped something like this before - should I have it shipped directly to my shop?  I'd like it.

>From what I've read about the #3 cylinder problem with GPZs, I would not want to rebuild an engine that has the flaw.  Even though it went 80K miles before crapping out, the flaw is still there and obviously bad on this bike.

Phil Hamm

To: philbike20 at; gpzlist at
Subject: Re: Anybody got an engine?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 21:27:53 -0400
From: mrgilmore at

Hey Phil and guys,

I have an engine, but the tranny is shot.  Top end works fine.  I was going to just junk it, since its been in my way around here.  Pay for the shipping and its yours.  Then again, the guy talking about $600.00 for an entire bike is a great thing if its legit.  Same goes for just about any bike that's complete, for a reasonable price.

Ron Jordan