David Beard davidebeard at
Tue Jun 9 18:31:45 PDT 2009

   Nope. The Shinko's are made in Korea by a company that bought out Yokahama
   and use all their old dies and equipment.
   I believe Pirelli was made by Metzler.
   Dave B
   Dave Daniels wrote:

   Dave, didn't the guy at Superbikes tell us that Shinko's were made by
   Metzler or something like that? Or am I thinking of something else?
   --- On Tue, 6/9/09, David Beard [1]<davidebeard at> wrote:

     From: David Beard [2]<davidebeard at>
     Subject: Re: Tires
     To: "schnowz" [3]<schnowz at>
     Cc: [4]gpzlist at
     Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 9:17 PM

      Quite a few guys on the ZX12 website have been putting these on their
      and revues have been great. Long lasting, stick well and nice price. In
      fact, they are going to be my next tire purchase.
      Dave B
      schnowz wrote:
        Your Scottish heritage should appreciate this..just ordered a set of
        Skinko's 009 Raven from
        $165 for both frt and rear with free shipping.
        Made in Korea
        If you don't hear from me again they were a piece of crap..
        Pete S
        I can't remember the names of the large mail order bike outlets in the
        and I need a front tire.  Anyone send me the names of a couple.
      1. [6]

   1. mailto:davidebeard at
   2. mailto:davidebeard at
   3. mailto:schnowz at