Your not an idiot just human

Jay Loeppke jloeppke at charter.net
Tue May 12 20:18:13 PDT 2009

Pulled out the shop manual.  Yep, 6-12  shows an oil screen.   Doesn't
give a good pic of it though or in depth removal of.    If your rag
went by by like you said,  I bet that screen is plugged up tighter
than a frogs ass!  and by looking at the oil flow chart its no wonder
why there is no oil pressure.   I think your engine will be ok once
its cleaned.
Yes a table is nice.   I bought one this spring at Northern Tool.  A
cheap one,  had to modify it to hold any of the bikes I have,
including the GPZ.  It works though.
Maybe think about some plastic removal and laying her on the side
( like bring your bed down and let her lay on it), so you can work on
her.   I don't know how you will be able to tell if everything is
clear and no more will get caught in the screen?
Jay