Woo- Hoo!!!

Jonathon Jay annihilator1100 at hotmail.com
Fri May 22 18:17:08 PDT 2009

I ALMOST wish I were still a drinker, celebrations and congratulatory high - fives are due my way!

Well, turns out I have no electrical issues, I thought the reason my starter was not turning was due to a siezed/frozen engine.

No electrical issues, no seized engine. After 10 years of Pacific Northwest humid winters, looks as though my clutch plates were fuzed. (Even though I could have avoided all this by simply installing the Barnett racing clutch kit that is sitting in my garage.)

I tied a 15' length of aircraft wire to my steering head and put the other end on the back of my dually. Wife got behind the wheel and let it idle in gear about a block, dragging me the whole way and leaving one nice skid mark.

I pulled the clutch in many times and released it in sixth gear, leaving little skids of rubber every time. In the second block, I got my first pop off the engine...remember, no carbs, tank, gas, etc...but the exhaust is off and the compression almost sounds like a running engine. We turned around and I started going down gears.

It left little skids every time, but they got lesser. By the time we were a half block from home, I was down in first and could pull in and also release the clutch fully, leaving no rubber and going up to 10 mph or so.

So with the clutch unstuck, I put it back in the garage and tried the battery again. It spun nice and quick, so I let it develop some oil pressure.

Just for kicks, (No carbs) I sprayed just a zap of ether in each intake port. Even with just a squirt, I hit the starter and instantly VROOOM!!! Tach'ed up like a raped ape.

Lots of work left but my bike runs guys! No telling if I have some engine pitting and may have high oil consumption, but I haven't been this happy in a long time. Very encouraging.

Thanks for all the help up to this point, no one is off the hook 'cause I'm sure I'll need a lot more.

I'm going to try to post the video of it firing up on You Tube, I'll let y'all know.

Regards-

What's The Difference Between Ignorance And Apathy?
~ I Don't Know And I Don't Care ~